Tuesday 23 February 2010

The Pink Version (Training)

The alarm sounds at about twenty to six, the eyelids refuse to open, hair a mess... Slip cycle shorts over pyjamas, fleecy top, scarf and sometimes a hat (think Wallace & Gromit in the Wrong Trousers!) even though I'm cycling in the dark with nobody looking.

Start off in the racing position, but quickly find this uncomfortable as the handlebars on the tandem give me a more upright posture (sounds good, whatever it means). With eyes closed, sitting bolt upright in the dark, my legs start turning the pedals and I drift off to sleep again!

Richard can hear the whirring of the TT from upstairs, good job he can't see me!

Sarah Kennedy is a must as she covers the most bizarre range of topics at this early hour.

If it's daylight I read - I would suggest smaller books - less heavy. I tried a book I started four years ago, but at 979 pages it is not recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment